Sunday, February 21, 2016

The FBI and Apple

I definitely think that Apple has made the right choice in choosing to fight the FBI and judge's orders in the San Bernardino case, especially after some more news that the situation could have possible been avoided.  Once again, while I'm not the most informed citizen, I think it would create a terrible precedent if Apple were to comply and create the tool that the FBI is asking for.  Personally, I would not trust that even the tool itself would only be used in this one case, or that various parts of the government would not try to continue to use their power in a similar fashion, regardless of the legality.  I generally think that people are good and try to do good, but I also don't have blind faith in the government, and wholly believe that there are plenty of less-than-legal things going in the United States' government.

No comments:

Post a Comment