I definitely enjoyed the movie. It was tense, suspenseful, informative, and well done. I thought it was very interesting to actually hear Snowden talk about exactly what he had access to and how extensive the surveillance (allegedly) was. Since I never really paid much attention to it when it was happening it was nice to get the details of what he was claiming. It definitely is pretty scary stuff if it was/is all true, and I'm inclined to believe him.
And I do think it's wrong that the government would do that. But in reality... it doesn't affect me at all, at least not in ways that I can perceive. It changes nothing if you just ignore it. Of course, then you fall into the "First they came for..." problem. Yeah, I do think I should be doing something about it, trying to fight what could easily become a much more prevalent and real issue than it is now.
But I'm resigned to it, and really just trying to get through each day right now. There's too much to worry about in this world, so I'll focus on what I know I can affect: me.
No comments:
Post a Comment