Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Career Development Presentation

So I had just seen Erika's presentation last semester in Junior Semester, and as such a lot of it was familiar.  However, this time I did take note and pay more attention to the information about the mock interviews that App offers.  I have no in-person experience with job interviews and my interpersonal skills would be described as lacking at best.  So I definitely think that doing mock interviews would be extremely beneficial, especially since I am looking for an internship for this summer.

And while I know that I should use all these services provided to me, that I should take advantage of these amazing, free opportunities to help myself, I know that I'm going to have an extremely hard time actually pushing myself to utilize any of them.  Because I dislike awkwardly interacting with people I don't know, and I really dislike revealing things that I'm not happy about to people I don't know.  Such as how I do nothing related to computer science outside of class, that I can barely remember half the classes I've taken in the major, and that my good grades are pretty much all I have going for me.  And all that is likely to come out in a mock interview, and probably in a real one as well.

But hey, since I'm required to do one at some point (probably for the better) we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment